Thursday, April 2, 2009



So, I've been wanting for a long time to sew for other people, and try to make a little money doing it. I have been contracted to make a 50s style dress (see above for pattern!) for my darling little friend CC, and I am SO excited! We went and bought fabric tonight, and I'm going to start on it Sunday. It is a basic fitted bodice and full skirt dress, which will not take too long at all. She picked out the most YUMMY fabric-the skirt will be this gorgeous buttery yellow and white damask-print cotton with sparkles in the design, and then the bodice will be a corresponding buttery yellow. We'll also make a matching self-fabric belt. She's going to wear yellow Austrian crystals with it that Heidi gave her. I have to get it done by Wednesday or Thursday night at the latest, as she and Phil are going to Viva Friday morning. I am not expecting any issues with it....and I think I am almost more excited than her, because it's going to be such a pretty, lovely dress on her!

Excited!

PS-I also have been working on the gingham circle skirt for myself-I just got done putting 10 ROWS of vintage 1950s pink and black/silver rickrack on the bottom of it. I am wearing it to Jerome on Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!

    That is going to look so damn good on her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see CC's new dress! I know it will be fabulous - just like everything you create!

    ReplyDelete