Monday, June 15, 2009

New stuff and ramblings


Sorry it's been awhile-I really had great intentions to blog at least every other day when I started this but real life gets in the way! I work the equivalent to 3 jobs so it's hard to find time to just sit here and indulge in blogging. But, here I am now, and here are a few fun things that I have found recently!
I love the cigar box covered in vintage shelf paper-I don't know what its fate shall be but I sure like it! The tissue box is a metal Ransburg one with glued on rhinestones. The darling cocktail party invitations are SO CUTE-and will be used when we have a get together at the NEW HOUSE I will talk about in a moment. And the vintage printed bias tape is something I am always chasing-they haven't made this for YEARS and the patterns are hard to find unused. I have a nice little stash I want to use someday.You just can't go wrong with vintage thermoset plastic. Especially a set! It was 40% off at one of my favorite thrifts. I love that it is black-it goes with a lot of different things!I have always had a thing for Scrabble tiles, and this set HAD to come home with me! There are 180 tiles in RED, and I want to make something really fun with them.
Oh no! Tacky 60s plastic mushrooms are growing out of my sofa! I love anything with red and white polka dot mushrooms on it.
This marvelous fruity hat walked into Hollywood Regency, never hit the floor, and came home with me. I don't do that very often, believe it or not, but this time there was no question.
And finally, this cool 50s BoontonWare heavy Melmac covered casserole was waiting for me at the Goodwill. I used to have a serious Melmac problem about 12 years ago, and can usually resist, but this was just too good to pass up. Boonton is the STUFF-it is probably the best Melmac ever made. It is HEAVY!

We are moving in July, to a new-to-us house not far from my current location...and I will at long last have my own WORKROOM! With built in cabinets! I will take lots of pictures and share in the decoration process...it will truly be a labor of love. Finally, a house big enough for all my stuff. Finally, room to yodel!!!

2 comments:

  1. love all your new stuff! I can't wait to see a pic of you with your new jewelry and that new hat! Oh I can't wait to see your new place and your new workroom! WOOHOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I am in love with that tissue box it is quite amazing. That fruit hat is so adorable it reminded me of Carmen Miranda the minute I saw it. ♥

    ReplyDelete